Monday 12 January 2015

My first book review................

I would like to introduce you to a book that was recommended to me by one of my work colleagues.  I had been talking about how I was planning to read more and expand the types of books I read.  Up until recently, unless it was for uni or work, I tended to read the same authors (namely Eddings and Tolkien) so had expressed a wish to expand my reading more.  It was then I was told about "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion  I read the kindle addition found here  I was captivated from the start and found it difficult to put the book down.  I carried my kindle or ipad (using the kindle app) and at every moment I had spare I picked it up and read.  The book is essentially about Don Tillman, a gentleman with Autism and his journey to find a wife.  He has a friend, with a rather dubious idea of what relationships are all about, who helps him.  At times I found myself thinking, noooo don't listen to him but it turns out Don is not quite so easily led his friend, but is certainly influenced by Rosie.  Their first meeting is very funny and had me laughing out loud. Instead he learns in his own way and surprises himself in the process.  Even though his friend does not have the most ethical idea about relationships he is actually a good friend to Don and accepts him for who he is.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, I found it funny, captivating and touching.  I would highly recommend it.  I have found out there is a second book called the Rosie Effect.  I have not got round to reading it yet.

Thanks for stopping by

T

No comments:

Post a Comment