Monday 12 January 2015

In the beginning....................

Hi Folks

I have decided to do a spin off blog from my It's a wonderful life blog.  Although creative writing is of course creative, that goes without saying, I think it deserves its own platform rather than be stuck in amongst all the other creative projects I have on the go.  I have not really done much creative writing since I was at school.  I did attempt to start again when I lived in the highlands (2010-2013) by joining a local writing group.  From this group I came up with a few ideas and got some down on paper.  Unfortunately, I moved away and now I work shifts so it is not so easy to join a local group and attend regularly.  I am also a woman of many skills.  I love to spend my time sewing, knitting, crocheting as well as creating in the form of scrapbooking and new to 2015 art journaling so it is not so easy to find time to do everything.  I recently discovered that I need to be more focused.  I thought that taking each of my skills, as well as skills I would like to learn and divide them into more manageable sections would help me be a little more focused on each skill.  The idea being, it will teach me to schedule more to enable me to fit everything I want to do into my life.  This should reduce the temptation for me to attempt to do everything at once flitting from one task to another and back again. In this blog I plan to review books I have read (encourages me fulfil my plan to read more) and share with you my journey to become a creative writer. :) Who, knows where it will lead me.  How exciting :) So I welcome you all and look forward to reading your comments. 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment